The reborn TZ6, the Deer, and the Deer Hunter...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,274Gear list
Like?
The reborn TZ6, the Deer, and the Deer Hunter...
1 month ago

alternatively, it's not the camera, it's the camera you have with you. There's a bit of a story to this one so bear with me. I'm off on holiday next week, I wanted a compact camera with decent zoom to take with me for those times when I don't want to lug my XT1 about. I nearly bought a TZ35 then I remembered I have a TZ6 in a drawer somewhere. My wife remembered where it was so I got it out, dusted it off and recharged the battery. I haven't used it for years so yesterday I re-familiarised myself with it, which didn't take long, it's not a difficult camera to operate.

Today I took it out whilst walking my dog and I am so glad I did. We stumbled on a beautiful solitary Red Deer grazing in an open field. I had my dog on a lead which was just as well, he chases anything, he's a terrier, 'nuff said. He strained at his lead but the Deer didn't bolt, I was amazed, they always do when in the open. We stared at each other for a few magical moments, I slowly fired the TZ up and took a few shots, the Deer stayed where it was. I wanted to get nearer so I slowly edged a few yards closer, it still didn't bolt, amazing. I took a few more shots, the Deer started to get spooked and turned and ambled off into the nearby tree line. Considering that there is a lot of shooting in this area I was truly gob-smacked to get so much face time with this beautiful creature, moments like these are very rare.
After the Deer had gone I let Taz off his lead, he immediately shot off to chase it, he never catches Deer and I'm not sure what he'd do if he did, he's a tryer though, small dog syndrome The TZ performed like a champ, here's a sequence of how it happened and a portrait of the "Deer Hunter" at the end, taken in film grain mode, which I think is great (even though it's 3mp max rez). I love this little camera all over again, it's been a lucky one for me more than once, you can't buy that, it's coming on holiday with me

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 (Lumix DMC-TZ6) Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 (Lumix DMC-TZ35)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow