Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jayboo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,433Gear list
Like?
Day 1 with Fuji XE-2
6 months ago

OK, so it arrived this morning, I had downloaded the manual and went through it quickly as my bedtime reading last night, knew from that there was too much to take in and would take some time for me to get into this system.

Anyhow, waited it out and charged the battery, had intended to update the firmware but still haven't quite worked out what I need to do about that.

Love the look and feel, pleasantly surprised on the 18 55 lens, found myself stopping on occasion needing to remember aperture changes made on the lens. Played with some flash, indoor and out, that's handy to have but have to look into hotshoe flash, and the filters - much to explore there.

Found I had exhausted the battery after 78 shots, now that surprised me, that was over a couple of hours.

Really enjoyed my first few hours with the xe-2 and so looking forward to more time to play. I shot in Aperture priority mostly, auto everything else mostly with the odd change to ISO, lots of changes to filters (picture styles I would call them) all in jpeg (not my usual but I need to update software on my Mac to cope with the RAW images I think), quick edits in Aperture.

-- hide signature --

Jayboo

jayboo's gear list:jayboo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 650D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +9 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow