Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brev00
Senior MemberPosts: 5,964Gear list
Like?
Where Does This Belong?
6 months ago

With the advent of two new forums, it looks like my hopes for an "Artistic Look" forum are dashed.  So, where do I post images like this?

Liquid Woods

I have posted similar icm's in the Landscape Forum yet, I think, most there are trying to actually capture detail in their landscapes. I posted a few in the DX Forum since that is the gear I used but it is kind of like a fish out of water.  I was hoping for an forum devoted to artistic interpretations since I would not just post images but discuss them as well.  Learn from the experiences and efforts of others.  It is hard for me to imagine that there are more people taking underwater photographs than participating in the following:

Intentional camera movement

Treatments using software or apps such as Instagram, Photoshop filters, and Color Efex film analogs.

Minimalism with an example being a slow shutter, mono seascape with just a few poles sticking out of the soft water.

Bokeh both as a complement to subject-oriented photography and as more of an end to itself.  Lots of gear discussions possible.

Movements such as surrealism, impressionism, abstract expressionism.

Retro styles and effects and even the use of old equipment for the real thing.

Fill in your own items to add to this list.  That's about as thorough as I get.

I think such a forum would be pretty lively, but, for now, I will have to use one of the underwater disposable cameras I picked up a year or so ago and head to a nearby pond.

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow