When will the time be right to update my XE-1?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stalman
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
When will the time be right to update my XE-1?
1 month ago

I've had a a Fuji XE-1 since launch, and love the feel of, it's ease of use, and incredible image quality. What I don't love is it's slow response times and mediocre auto focus, which mean I usually leave it at home and bring a larger DSLR instead. I want a Fuji to be my secondary camera, I want to use it all the time, but I don't want to be waiting a full second after every shot. 
For anyone who has used the XE-1, and the newer bodies, does it feel like there has a been a jump in performance to justify the upgrade yet, or have the improvements only been marginal? I also had the X100 and hoped that the XE-1 would have advanced far enough from there, but I really need a more responsive camera before I can use it for work.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --
 stalman's gear list:stalman's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +7 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
X-T2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow