Canon SX60, is it worth waiting an entire summer for?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Znowolf
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Canon SX60, is it worth waiting an entire summer for?
3 months ago

Hello, my question is whether people here feel it would be worth waiting for the always-rumored/never-announced Canon SX60 if somebody is in the market for a Superzoom bridge camera. With the release date for both of its predecessor in September, it seems likely to me, novice to this matter, that with no announcement yet forthcoming, if the SX60 is going to be released this year, it will be in September.

That means giving up taking photos for the entire summer (my previous camera has been out of commission for quite some time). That might be worth it if the product that comes out is going to be so much better than the current lineup of products, which it could very well be, but what if Canon decides to omit some key feature (like Sony and Nikon, who have no Raw support)?

I've never been that much into photography and as such I ask the expert users of these forums whether they think that is likely, and whether I should wait or go for one of the competitor's models (Fujifilm S1, Panasonic FZ200, Panasonic FZ70 -- or whether I should just give up on raw and consider the Sony HX400V or the Nikon P600). I don't think I'm mentally able to consider the Canon SX50, even with its great image quality, when a far superior model might be coming out any moment.

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

ANSWER:
Kodak Pixpro S-1 Nikon Coolpix P600 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow