Nikon D800E firmware update - memory card compatibility

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
onenote
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Re: Nikon D800E firmware update - memory card compatibility
In reply to mfahim27753, 1 month ago

I picked up a 32gb Lexar 1066x cf card and do have an issue from time to time where the camera seems to lock up or take a really long time to write to the card. I called Nikon and their response as expected was to send me links to outdated compatibility charts, then it was a link to the 400x/1000x Lexar issue, then finally they told me that the card was too fast and that I should consider the Sandisk Extreme Pro cards (funny I think they might be the same speed or at best slightly faster than the Lexar card). When I called Lexar they had no reports of issues but to their defense this issues was 24hours after the new software release so I figured I might be one of the first to call. They have offered to replace the card but before I did asked me to reformat the card in my PC and then in camera. So far I have not seen much improvement other than the frequency being reduced, weird. I am still not convinced it's a card issue and maybe something in the update that migt be triggering it.

Anyone else out there having similar experiences?

All I can say is that moving from a Lexar 400x card to the 1066x has me somewhat spoiled from a write speed perspective, it is really evident how much more responsive the D800 gets being able to dump the data faster, especially when shooting raw+jpg dumping the raw files to CF and jpgs to SD (Sandisk extreme pro 95mbs cards).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow