Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,348Gear list
Like?
IR Photography in Central Park, New York
1 month ago

Below are a few shots taken earlier this week in Central Park, New York City. All hand held using a Hoya R72 filter on my Fuji 35mm f/1.4. I also had my 14mm lens but sadly  had the wrong step up ring so no IR with that lens on this trip.

It was a bright day and since IR work on a non-IR converted camera requires plenty of light I set my XE1 to ISO 2500 and the lens at f/2. Seemed a good compromise between noise and sharpness.

The shots below exhibit faux colors. The method was...

1) shoot in RAW using Custom WB set on something green

2) In Raw converter (Photo Ninja), click on tree to further correct WB

3) Open in Photoshop and use an Action I wrote to swap channels. Before a channel swap the sky is a golden sepia yellow. So the opposite of yellow is blue so the action swaps red and blue channels with the channel mixer. Then I use the Hue/Saturation layer and go to Cyan to adjust the color of the sky. And further adjust with Color Balance layer to move the Blue-Yellow slider in the mid-tones to further refine the colors.

I did not obsess over this which is easy to do, similar to BW conversions.

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Ricoh Caplio R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow