Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Wu Jiaqiu
Senior MemberPosts: 6,955Gear list
Like?
Re: allies
In reply to jimoyer, 6 months ago

jimoyer wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

I don't often do this, but every once in a while, I'll post MY favorite image from the bunch, and this one is it. I think this image is made even more relevant by the fact that today is the 70th Anniversary of the Allied Invasion of Occupied France, and is certainly an appropriate tribute to the "Greatest Generation". More and more of these amazing men (and women) go home every single day, and those who are still with us deserve every honor we can give them.

Wu, if you wouldn't mind, I would absolutely love to see, or even have a copy of this image in color.

As always, my thanks to everyone who contributed and voted this week. Your participation continues to make this thread a success. The talent in this forum is truly amazing, and it's fantastic to see your work in this thread.

Regards,

John

jimoyer

Thanks for the kind words Jim, this shot is from the Imperial War Museum Duxford, Cambridgeshire in the UK, it was an airfield in WWII and Spitfires and Hurricanes flew from there in the Battle of Britain, it was later handed over to the US 8th Air Force and was used as part of the D Day landings. This shot is from their D Day remembrance event, one that i am very glad i attended

i have the colour shot but the sky is white clouds hence the B&W treatment, I'm currently in Thailand so i'll post it in a few weeks time

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Sigma 500mm F4.5 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow