ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wouterv
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
Nikon DX prime duo
6 months ago

Hi everyone,

Simple (or maybe not) question for Nikon DX shooters: if you could only choose two primes, what would they be?

Some background. I currently use a D7000 with 18-105, 70-210, 35 1.8 and 50 1.8. However, I want to slim down my set-up, as it's too much weight and bulk to carry around. One of the options I'm considering to achieve a small set-up, is getting rid of the zooms and replacing them with an enthusiast compact, something along the lines of a Nikon P7800 or Canon G1X mk II for example. The idea would be to only keep the D7000 with 2 primes. I like shooting primes more than zooms, but for traveling I like a smallish sized compact with a reasonable zoom even more. The primes would be my 'high(er) IQ' set-up, used for landscape/street/portrait/family life. So no wildlife, BIF, macro,...

Regarding my prime duo, I have several ideas:

- 35 1.8 + 50 1.8 (simply keeping my current ones)

- 35 1.8 + 85 1.8

- 24 2.8 + 50 1.8

Which primes would you choose if you could only have 2, not necessary limited to the ones I listed of course? Remember, it's for DX.

Cheers!

wouterv's gear list:wouterv's gear list
Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow