Laptop for Photography - which is best

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Shutterbug013
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
Re: Laptop for Photography - which is best
In reply to OceanFroggie, 3 months ago

Thanks for all the replies so far -  I really appreciate it

I thought i would answer a few questions that have arose throughout this thread.

1. Why a 13" laptop?

The reason why i want a 13" laptop is it is the size for me. I currently use an 11" Acer and it is too small for everything. By contrast i have used a 15" laptop and found it too large as a laptop. Because of this i would like a 13" as it is in the middle and is a good size for me.

2. Why a laptop over a desktop?

If money was no limit i would have both and have something like a Macbook Air/Sony Pro 13" as my laptop as i would use the desktop most of the time. However as i can only afford one and i am going to university next year I feel that i need something that i can use at home and at uni. You cannot take a iMac to uni everyday for obvious reasons, hence a laptop.

It seems that a lot of people have Macs and love them, and i tried a friends iMac today and liked it. So i am pretty much sold on a Mac of some sought. My question (as it was in the OP) is Macbook Air 13" or Macbook Pro 13" Retina.

I like the Air for its size and coming from a 11" Acer it will be the closet in size and weight, however is it powerful enough for LR and PS. Or would i just be better going for the Macbook Pro despite the larger size and price tag

Shutterbug013's gear list:Shutterbug013's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow