Nikon D4s: Bayer processing breakthru?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
PrebenR
Senior MemberPosts: 2,720
Like?
Re: Thanks to all: Nikon D4s: Bayer processing breakthru?
In reply to Tom Schum, 5 months ago

Tom Schum wrote:

Many thanks to all for your input and opinions.

It seems to me that we all know how bayer has been continually optimized over the years and we are left with only about 70% of the pixel count in terms of resolution. A breakthrough would go beyond this, and nothing was said about a breakthrough in the Shutterbug review.

So for now I might call it a subjective reading of D4s resolution byt the Shutterbug staff, as suggested.

DPR lab tests carry a lot of weight, at least for me, so I'll be waiting for them.

Here are a few opinions of my own. I use a CFA camera (Fuji X-E1) as well as my Sigma DP3M. There is a different look to the images from each, and it might only be the style these days but CFA is a little more gentle in the images. Foveon will definitely wow you but the comfort level with CFA seems to be a little bit higher for me because it is not reaching out to grab your attention so much. There is a place for both in the photographic art.

You can always blur your Foveon image to look like CFA. But don't expect a CFA sensor to invent data point it does not have.

-- hide signature --

Lightwriting with Sigma
«Bad reputation»

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow