Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
alextardif
Regular MemberPosts: 288Gear list
Like?
A77M2 - well worth the upgrade
6 months ago

It's a worthwhile upgrade and improvement over the original A77 imho. So much more responsive in every way it's in a different league as far as I'm concerned. The AF really is THAT GOOD and accurate. The startup is at the NOW speed. I can't imagine running out of buffer for my needs. So far I've only done a few tests with the CZ 24-70 and it's a flippin' speed demon, I absolutely love this combo and the CZ sings like never before, they were meant for each other! I've had only a short opportunity to play in the last hour of daylight on a walk with my 2months old, but I am absolutely impressed.

Anyone still having doubts about pulling the trigger - go for it, you'll be happy!

Handheld, while in motion, walking! This is a 100% crop (about half-way zoomed in) with 0 post processing! The AF was nailed on the first try, it was set to Expand Flexible Spot and it got the left (his left) eye spot-on, just look at the eyelashes! And this CZ is sharpest between 4-5.6, not even the wider 3.2.  Take a look at the Original size.

Can't wait for LR to get the new A77M2 profile loaded so I can play with RAWs as that's what I normally shoot, but even the jpegs are nice.

-- hide signature --

Alex

alextardif's gear list:alextardif's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony SLT-A99 Sony a77 II Sony Alpha 7 II Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +7 more
Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony a77 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow