Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JJ10
Contributing MemberPosts: 898
Like?
+++++++Challenge 189 - Light and Dark+++++++
3 months ago

Thank you Gary for your great topic and a successful Challenge.

Now for the New Challenge.

+++++++Light and Shade+++++++

My first thought in choosing the topic was that it needs to be something that is universal and accessible to all no matter what the season or location. I never thought I would win the last Challenge so was unprepared for this Challenge but wanted something that was capable of inspiring us all. Photography is nothing without the wonderful medium of light and understanding and finding and or creating great light is the mark of a great photographer. So lets see your images that highlight either light or it's companion darkness/shadow. Images can take the form of a landscape with light being the main driving point of interest, a wonderful portrait where shadows sculpt the look and feel of the subject, a still life on the edge of darkness or light, a street scene at night or and other subject  where light/darkness is at play creating mood, that edgy feel or simply highlighting a vista as in "God Beams" etc. I hope you find some great light and make my task in picking the next winner as difficult as possible.

The Deadline will be midnight June 20, 2014 with the results announced 24-48 hours later.

Please reply to the first ORIGINAL post if you are submitting your entry and be sure to RENAME THE SUBJECT TO INDICATE THE TITLE OF YOUR ENTRY!

Photos must be taken with a Nikon Camera.

New photos are encouraged but there are no restrictions on when the image was taken or processed.

There are no restrictions on post processing but I favour realism in photography.

I look forward to your entries and GOOD LUCK.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RULES

The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going.

1. You post one image. (if you post more than one the first image will be your entry)

2. The host chooses the winner after closing. The decision of the judge (host) is final. The judge is not eligible.

3.The winner then chooses the next topic, runs the challenge, judges the winner and passes the baton to that person. If the winner fails to post a new Challenge within 72 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new Challenge within a further 24 hours.

4. ANY NIKON CAMERA IS ALLOWED ( A P & S used by a member of this forum is  also OK.

5. Feel free to comment on other contestant's images but do be polite.

Please EMBED your image in the thread. Try to resize your images prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without scrolling. (900 pixels on the longest side works best.

REMEMBER TO REPLY TO THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JossNew
...New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow