Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,960Gear list
Like?
Interesting DPR comparisons: A6k vs Various MFT Cameras
6 months ago

So the little widget at the end of the camera reviews allows you to compare each camera in several designations. From jpeg IQ to raw IQ, noise, value, build quality, ect, they are rated with sliders. With another gold award given out (A6k), i figured it would be a good read, and at the end something surprised me. In the "low light/high ISO performance" category, the A6k took a back seat to the EM1, EM5, EM10, and GX7. Not only that but the EM1 took the crown for raw and jpeg IQ. Wasn't a larger apsc and higher rez 24mp sensor supposed to matter?

The cost is different of course, but that has nothing to do with IQ, as show by the D5300. The extra cost is spent in the form of the EM1's sealing and other features. IQ though surprised me. What are we to make of this? Is MFT surpassing even some of the newer apsc cameras now? Smaller, faster AF, and better IQ?

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Nikon D5300 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow