Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
minniev
Senior MemberPosts: 1,548
Like?
Trying to Analyze "Mysterious Dutch Light"
6 months ago

I have long been a fan of MJMourik, a Dutch photographer who does some rather distinctive processing of photos mostly of rural Holland. I had never tried to figure out what she does till I visited Holland myself last month and took photos of the mills of Kinderdijk (posted below). Would anyone take a try at figuring out how to pursue similar effects? It's obviously a combination of filters and textures. I've read an interview someone did with her, and she talked about her philosophy of photographic art but didn't reveal anything about her methods. I don't blame her, but I am trying to figure out what she might be doing. I am hoping some of you pp experts can give me some hints. I don't want to do copycat work, I just want to figure out what's happening and how I might approach something similar for my own fun.  Here is a link to her flickr stream. http://www.flickriver.com/photos/42443389@N00/popular-interesting/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow