Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gail
Forum ProPosts: 13,515Gear list
Like?
*WINNERS: Mini Challenge #427 – Pondering*
2 months ago

Thank you to all who participated in this mini-challenge! All the submissions were right on target with the theme and I enjoyed each and every one of the photos. As always, it was very difficult choosing the winners, but here goes:

Honorable mentions - in no special order

Colleen's: My granddaughter Penny
Just love the pondering expression on this precious little girl's face! The finger touching her mouth sealed the deal.

Nick's: Yet again in Hallstatt
A very lovely and unique image! I like the sharpness of the foreground image against the blurred background image of a person in thought.

Hank's: Ruby
Love the stance of the pondering dog; interesting composition that seems to break all the rules but really works.

Sueanne's: Before school
Great capture of your son deep in thought. Can't help but wonder what he was thinking. Even your camera lens didn't distract him.

Third place

zenfr's: Priest (I think it's a priest)
Great composition, dramatic lighting. The image really captures the contemplative, perhaps spiritual, moment.

Second place:

averagjoe's: The coming storm

A beautiful photo, with great composition and lighting, and fascinating subject. Perfect in black and white.

First place:

#1 by Britney Elvis
Pensive young girl sitting in what looks like a graveyard. It's a beautiful and moving image that causes me to ponder and touches my heart.

Well done everyone! Congratulations to all, especially to the first place winner. Britney Elvis, the torch now passes to you to come up with a topic and lead the next mini-challenge.

-- hide signature --

My Pbase Galleries ~ http://www.pbase.com/gailb/
My Canon EOS-M gallery: http://www.pbase.com/gailb/eos_m

gail's gear list:gail's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD700 IS Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow