Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SoCalRams
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Nikon P600 vs Canon Sx50. Which should I buy
6 months ago

I have always been a Canon guy.  Currently I have the 50d, 5d Mark ii, and  7d.  The 7d for sports with the canon 70-200 2.8 lens, the 5d for weddings, events and the 50d just to kick around with. I use them all regularly and swear by them.  However, I have a trip upcoming to Europe and want to take a bridge camera. I want the super zoom and wide angle capabilities on the same camera for portability and ease of use reasons.  On the P600 the extra zoom would be nice as well as the external mic hookup along with the panoramic capability. No hot shoe is not a big deal as I don't want added bulk. One huge plus with the P600 is the grip.  It fits my hand perfectly unlike the SX50 which feels like a fingertips hand shake. The comparative reviews favor the SX50. Also, I want a camera to take to the ballpark to take pics from afar. I get the smaller sensor and all that.  Actually, I like the GX1 without zoom capabilities.  Please share your thoughts with me.  Also, a fully articulating screen is a must.  Thank you so much!

SoCalRams's gear list:SoCalRams's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P600
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Nikon Coolpix P600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow