Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dreamtheatre
New MemberPosts: 18Gear list
Like?
Just Bought an X-E2: Advice Needed
5 months ago

Well, I surprisingly won an auction for a barely used X-E2 with the 18-55 kit lens!  I am just starting this hobby, and I know that this camera is not a significant upgrade over the X-E1.  But as this is going to be my "one-and-only-do-everything" camera I think a couple of hundred over the X-E1 is well worth it.

Looking forward to exploring this camera and all that it offers.  Some advice on what to buy for this trip:  7-day Caribbean cruise on the Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas on June 14th!

• For this trip I was thinking that a small prime would be advisable for ship, food, and low light shots to compliment the zoom.  Suggestions?
  • I know I am going to need a good camera bag.  Was thinking about the Think Tank Mirrorless Mover or Retrospective or something from Domke.  Hadleys are great, but too pricey.  
  • I will be getting additional batteries; Are the Wasabi batteries on Amazon recommended?  
  • Which filters would you recommend?
  • Memory Card:  I am thinking the Sandisk Extreme?
  • Hand/Thumb Grip:  Worthwhile?  Which ones?  

Any other accessories you would recommend?  Remember, I am starting from the ground up!

Thanks!  Jim

dreamtheatre's gear list:dreamtheatre's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow