Nex-6, Nex-7 or A6000, opinions please...

Started Jun 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mosava
Regular MemberPosts: 369Gear list
Like?
Nex-6, Nex-7 or A6000, opinions please...
Jun 5, 2014

I am now down to three cameras to choose from... your opinions could help me decide, though I know that, at the end, I will be the one taking responsibility for the move!

Facts: I presently have a Minolta DSLR, and I realise I mostly shoot with the 18-200, the 50, the 180 macro, or the MD macro stuff and bellows... I have some 20 Kg of lenses and accessories, mainly Minolta, but also Pentax, Yashica and Canon and also Vivitar from the first 1 series.

I want a mirrorless APS-C. My budget is 1000 $. I live in Europe, crazy prices...

My shortlist:

Nex-6 with 16-50 for 600 $

Nex-7 with 18-55 for 950$

A6000 body with a MD adapter for 1000 $

The Nex-6 would allow me to buy a 55-210, covering much of my needs, and with a MD and a MA adapter, my macro work is covered too.

But: I feel pretty much attracted by the Nex-7 and its 24 mp, tri-navi system and gorgeous look! And it would allow the use of my Sony flashes with their proprietary socket, without speaking of the better cropping facility.

The A6000 is stretching my budget, and I'ld have to wait maybe another year to buy a native lens to fully use it... and it looks like you need a native lens to really apreciate the diference...

Tough choice! And, it is the camera I will offer to myself as a retirement gift!

I include one picture to show my kind of hobby, please see it in original size.

-- hide signature --

Just passing by...

Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow