Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
flyfisher99
Regular MemberPosts: 267Gear list
Like?
About to get a a7R....
4 months ago

About decided to get a a7R (tomorrow) looking to hear from people with the same background as me. Been a image quality chaser since 2001, started with Point & Pray cams, but kept getting larger cams for the image quality they offered. This was at a expense, as i live a very active lifestyle, but i was willing to carry the weight of the larger cams (since image quality was better)

Used several high end P&S cams, then onto Canon DSLR (Rebel, 10,20,30,40D) then 5D, 5D2, D700, at this stage i started to struggle with weight (young, but like i said i do a lot of active stuff outdoors) Hiking coral reefs in the south pacific for days with a 5D, 17-40, 24-105 is harder than it sounds.... so ended up selling my FF canon gear and getting a 5N & a 7, but there is no going back as i realized from FF.... crop stuff is good for a lot of things, but it just inst as good, the look....

Was just refused camera bag on a trip down south to Bali with my D700, made a decision ( i think) to sell it and get a A7R with 35mm Zeiss (got loads of legacy glass i want to use also, granddad was a photographer)

Looking to hear from others coming from (or in the same) boat

flyfisher99's gear list:flyfisher99's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7S Voigtlander 12mm F5.6 Ultra Wide Heliar Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D700 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow