Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,616Gear list
Like?
Re: Dan - re TS adapters for K mount lenses
In reply to audiobomber, 6 months ago

Hi Dan,

You're right - The lack of T&S adapters for K mount was a problem.  It didn't stop me buying a Fuji mirror-less system, but there are T&S adapters for Fuji cameras only for Leica R, Nikon F&G and OM lenses.  Not Pentax, whose registration distance is a millimeter or so shorter.

You can buy a shift-only adapter by Kipon for K mount lens to both Fuji and Sony e-mount cameras.  You can also buy a tilt-only adapter (by Pixco) for PK lenses to e-mount only.  (Pixco don't do them in Fuji at this stage.)  So with your e-mount camera, you can indeed use your Pentax lenses as long as they have an aperture ring.

No-one offers an adapter with movements for DFA lenses.  I guess the application would involve too few lenses since most of the DFAs lenses have APSC image circles.

Perhaps you can see why I invested in a few old Nikon lenses.......  At least I was able to buy a single T&S adapter.  And you can get good MF Nikkors for reasonable prices.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Yep!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow