Pentax K-30 does 7th grade football (10 pics)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
JimC1101
Regular MemberPosts: 440Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks for the replies!
In reply to gkreth, 6 months ago

Yeah, you have some really good shots there.

Personally, I think that all the talk about Pentax having sub standard AF for sports is not entirely correct. I think that outdoor sports such as yours, they look great. Indoor shots can be a challenge with high school gym's but that is true with alot of cameras, even Canon or Nikon, unless you have $1000 wide open lenses. I will not say that Pentax is better or best at auto focus compared to Canon or Nikon but I will say that it is very possible to get really good, sharp pics with Pentax. I took this one a couple years back with my lowly K-X and I was happy with it considering I was on the top level of a hockey game with what I think was the Tammy 18-200. I was happy with my pics from there and even though the light wsa bright on a white surface, ice, that was easier than a darker HS basketball gym, I liked it. It is even easier with my K-30 now.

-- hide signature --

Jim

JimC1101's gear list:JimC1101's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow