Little ballerinas

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Artichoke
Forum ProPosts: 11,802Gear list
Like?
hard to avoid the windows, Joe
In reply to Joe Pineapples, 4 months ago

Joe Pineapples wrote:

I was wondering why you chose to include the strong white "cut-outs" of the windows along the top edge of the frame. I found that rather a discordant element that only seems to detract from the composition by dragging your eye off the top of the photograph...

J.

I tried cutting off the mirror to the right, to make this less narrow, but I think it works better the way Irakly presented it

this already had a significant crop (unless stitched as a pano, which I doubt) & the light is what gives this photograph vitality to me along with the diversity of actions from each dancer

dancers make for grand photographic subjects, but often ply their art in challenging photographic circumstances

good to see Detroit thru your lens, Irakly

-- hide signature --

pbase & dpreview supporter
DPR forum member since 5/2001
my PBase Galleries
"Avoid making a commotion, just as you wouldn’t stir up the water before fishing. Don’t use a flash out of respect for the natural lighting, even when there isn’t any. If these rules aren’t followed, the photographer becomes unbearably obtrusive" -- attributed to HCB

Artichoke's gear list:Artichoke's gear list
Agfa ePhoto 1680 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Leica M8 Nikon D3X Leica M9 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow