Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shutterbug013
Forum MemberPosts: 89Gear list
Like?
Laptop for Photography - which is best
5 months ago

After the past 3 years with my Acer Netbook (1.3ghz I3 (1st Gen), 4GB ram 140GB HDD) (I not own the laptop) I have finally had enough of the constant crashing of Lightroom and Photoshop not the mention the lack of space for photos. I am looking to buy a new laptop for LR and PS as well as university.  I really dont care if it is MAC or PC but i want a 13" screen.

The Macbook Pro 13 is the best 13" laptop but for $3000+ AUD for top spec i can simply not afford it.

As I am not a computer geek I do not really know what to look for in a laptop for photo editing. So what specifications should i be looking for and what would you recommend as the best laptop for under $2000 AUD.

Is the Macbook Pro 13" the best? What about the Macbook Air 13". Are there any PC laptops which are as good or better then the MACs such as Sony or Asus?

Thanks

Shutterbug013

P.S

The main problem is I do not know how much storage to get and whether to go SSD or normal HDD.

Shutterbug013's gear list:Shutterbug013's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow