Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nrshapiro
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
A6000 - False colors (tint)
6 months ago

I've got a new A6000, the kit lens, the Zeiss 16-70, and the 10-18. I love the form factor and the weight.

I've noticed some false color tints in the corners and edges on dark colored objects. Mostly green but some magenta. On RAW images (what I mostly shoot). It's not CA.

Actually, I just did some more tests, and it's not just the corners. I think it happens or is most noticeable at ISO 800 and above.

BTW - FWIW, I'm not a newbie camera user...I'm a semi-pro coming from APS-C and full frame dSLRs. I am looking for a lighter travel kit...often, I choose to travel with the APS-C DSLR instead of the D600 because the lenses are lighter. But I often shoot my landscape images while I travel, so I need a good wide angle and u-wide angle lens. I love the Sigma at 10 on my D7100, but I've also found the Nikon 24-70 f2.8 a wonderful landscape lens, when I don't mind all the weight of it and my D600...but I am looking to travel lighter.) I was hoping the 16-70 would give me the performance of the 24-70 F2.8 -- at 4.0 anyway -- for landscape work with the Sony. The 10-18 is meant to replace the Nikon 16-35 FF, or at least the Sigma 10-20 F3.5/5.6 on my D7100.) I do like to shoot architecture etc, so I also need low light performance while traveling.

I can post some examples in a follow up. I started this message a day or so ago, so I want to make sure I'm not timed out.

My 30 day money back warranty is almost up...I am thinking I'll need to return it, but the question is whether this may be "normal" for this sensor (I hope not), in which case, I'm not going to get a replacement but rather just return it and maybe get the fuji instead.  Of course, returning it is more complicated because I also bought the 16-70 and the 10-18!

My question: has anyone else noticed this? I haven't found any reports.  Can anyone check theirs if I show some examples (which might make it easier to replicate)?

nrshapiro's gear list:nrshapiro's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D600 +10 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow