Did you upgrade from the K-5 to the K-3?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davids8560
Contributing MemberPosts: 513Gear list
Like?
Did you upgrade from the K-5 to the K-3?
1 month ago

Now that the K-3 reviews are in and the K-3 has gotten a Gold Award like the K-5 before it, are you one of the people who has upgraded? Is the K-3 really superior by leaps and bounds?

After trying one Nikon and two Rebel DSLR's, I gotta say I really like my K-5 by far. I dunno. I just like it more.

The only real difficulty it has for me is using it to shoot fast subjects. But I am sure it is due to my configurations and lack of experience. The K-5 is the first DSLR I've really dug into, after years of compacts and super zooms. And even though I have a hankering to try the latest greatest stuff, for once I feel like sticking with what I've got, and attempting to learn it inside out and master it (if possible) before moving on.

Unless you've got lots of experience with both cameras, and really think I should upgrade now.

Thanks.

davids8560's gear list:davids8560's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Olympus Stylus 1 Pentax K-5 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow