Would love to hear your opinion about my site!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,427Gear list
Like?
Re: Would love to hear your opinion about my site!
In reply to Gilgames, 1 month ago

Gilgames wrote:

Hello everyone!

I'm a regular visitor of dpreview.com, there is so much information, insight and inspiration provided here!

Recently I decided to "merge" my passion for photography with my love for computers and created a personal site/online portfolio!

I would be very happy to hear comments and your opinion about the photographs, as well as the site itself!

My personal site: www.dimpappasphoto.com

Thank you very much and I'll be waiting for your anwsers! Cheers!

Gilgames -

Many more people are interested in posting their own work vs. commenting on that of others.

You site is very clean. If there is a negative issue to site mechanics, it is that the automation requires more great and varied images than you might have. Also, using an 50mbps connect, it was a bit slow loading images; better at 92mbps, but few have connect speeds that high.

Your images may load slowly because they are big files. It would be interesting to see if making them smaller would be better.

I think better editing of images for difference and impact would improve it, too. There are several landscapes that are very, very similar.

Also - a better choice of images under very different lighting conditions.

Finally, people - not just a collection of street images - several that show interaction with the subject.

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow