new SD1M with bad pixels and 3 months in service?!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SN-DESIGN
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
new SD1M with bad pixels and 3 months in service?!
6 months ago

At first.. I'm big fan of SIGMA or I was till this time.. I had DP1, SD15 and now at last I bought SD1M. Everything would be ok if camera would work without any problems. But it isn't. On first pictures which I shoot I spooted completly black pixels with green glow in two places. I tried to shot only JPG, only RAW, different F stops, different focal lenghts with different lenses etc. badpixels appear on every photo.

I found some old topic about similar problem with RAWs from older SPP 5.2.1. I have SPP 5.5.3. Maybe that could be the problem with SPP but previous versions do not work with my camera (probably because of newest camera firmware - 1.09).

SIGMA service want to take my camera and send it to Japan. They said it will return after 3 MONTHS! Brand new camera with badpixels and I need to wait 3 months for them to repair, that's crazy...

Have anyone solution for that problem?

Sigma SD1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow