Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William Porter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,668Gear list
Like?
E-M1 unraveling. What do I do?
3 months ago

Noticed last night that the rubber thumb panel (don't know what to call it) on the back right side of my E-M1 has come loose at the lower right corner, to the right of the trash can button and below the play button.

I haven't done anything that could cause that to happen, in fact, my use of the E-M1 for the last couple of months as been kind of light. Never had anything like this happen with the many cameras I've owned.

I suppose it's covered by warranty but I can't afford to be without the camera right now for a couple of weeks. I'm not a super handy do-it-myself fixer and the idea of put a drop of Super Glue in there seems risky to me. I've tried gently but firmly pressing the rubber corner back into place, but it doesn't stay there.

Any suggestions? Anybody else ever had this happen?

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +7 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow