Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ConanD
Regular MemberPosts: 132Gear list
Like?
The hated, "What would you do?" question
4 months ago

Yeah, I'm sure it has been asked many times, but when it comes to technology, answers given a year ago probably don't apply any more. So the question is: If you were going to buy a full frame DSLR right NOW, and your budget was under $2500 USD, which one would you buy and why? I've been mulling over getting a FF for a couple of months. I like my D7100, but I want more dynamic range. All research points to FF to get it.

I'm really open to anything. I currently have Nikon hardware, so it would seem to make sense that I would get a Nikon in order to avoid the need to sell everything and buy new (I have at least one, good FF lens and an SB700 flash). But Nikon's record hasn't been the greatest lately when it comes to customer satisfaction and other brands seem to be doing better.

Some models I'm contemplating:

• Nikon D610. Not the 800 because I don't believe more MP is better and I don't want to spring for super fancy memory cards. I'm hesitant about getting the 610 because some reviews indicate there may still be oil issues with the shutter mechanism (just going by Amazon reviews.)
  • Canon 6D. I really don't know anything about Canon. I just happen to see the 6D listed in a review of the 610. Of the Canon models I've viewed on Amazon, I'm impressed with the ratio of good-to-bad reviews when compared with other manufacturers (81% five star rating for the 6D, for example).
  • Sony a7. I really like the sound of it from a paper standpoint. However, I'm concerned about some points that have been consistently mentioned in reviews around the web. Most notably, shutter shock and overall system response (slow startup, slow AF).

I'm always open to suggestion.  You can't have too much information.

ConanD's gear list:ConanD's gear list
Nikon D3100 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D Nikon D610 Nikon D7100 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow