Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jayboo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,434Gear list
Like?
Advice on which Fuji x series to go with
6 months ago

So torn at the moment, on which Fuji model to go with, had almost decided on XE-2 then looked closer at the XT-1 and thought maybe I would regret not going with this one.

My needs:

Lighter alternative to Canon 5DIII/1DIII for trips and everyday use

Although the 100s looks fantastic - cannot live without interchangeable lens

Good viewfinder - my only problem with Canon EOS M, there being none, otherwise I would stick with what I know and obviously be able to use my lenses.

Good low light performance and AF

My worries:

Will I find the Fuji menu and operation a lot to learn - don't mind investing the time but would like to be able to get going with it fairly fast.

I have been thinking of 35mm 1.4 lens to begin, unsure about either the 16-50 or 18-55 zoom, I am very much a prime user, 56mm 1.2 looks very intriguing for later.

Been watching you tube videos, reading reviews till I'm boggle eyed, decided ones to ask were the forum members for some honest opinions and advice please.

-- hide signature --

Jayboo

jayboo's gear list:jayboo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 650D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +9 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow