Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Amamba
Contributing MemberPosts: 842Gear list
Like?
Amazon completely screws up on shipment
1 month ago

Ordered a lens with them last Friday afternoon. I am a Prime member and expected it here today the latest. Lens didn't ship on Monday or on Tuesday, yet still showed delivery on Wednesday. Last night I ordered something else and paid with points available in my account (that was around 10pm). At 7:48 am Amazon emails me that there's a problem with my lens payment a- apparently the points I paid with on Tuesday night were the same used for a partial payment on Friday. Immediately switched payment method but now it shows delivery date one day later - the day I need the lens.

Several calls later nobody can answer a few simple questions - why did the item ordered before 5pm on Friday still wasn't shipped at 9:42pm on Tuesday the following week, when I have a "guaranteed" 2 business days delivery ? Why the points I paid with were still available in my account full 4 days later ? Why did it take them until 8 am the day of delivery to notify me of that problem ? How did they expect to honor their date in first place if they still didn't ship it a night before from a warehouse in Virginia (according to the rep) to Michigan ? One of the girls I spoke with did let it slip that the warehouse was overloaded and running behind - which means they were going to miss the date anyway, even though they refuse to admit this.

I am done with Amazon, should've ordered from B&H, the price was the same anyway.

Amamba's gear list:Amamba's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +10 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow