Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DP in Tejas
Forum MemberPosts: 85
Like?
Considering Panny 12-35 2.8 ... Talk me off the ledge
4 months ago

I'm looking to make some upgrades to my kit. I have a G3 and GF2 with an assortment of lenses   (14 & 20 pancakes, 9-18, 14-140 + kit lens). I primarily shoot automotive events with a heavy dose of post processing. The areas where I feel my current gear is lacking is in noise levels and fine detail in shadows and low light. Though a new body and sensor are tempting (video isn't my thing), I can't justify a GH4 purchase. I'll either wait for the G7 or a price drop in the GH4 before I upgrade bodies.

I find that I rely heavily on the 14-140 handheld in good light, but never leave home without a tri-pod. Using a fixed focal length is too restrictive for the way I shoot, so the pancakes have seen little use. The 9-18 has it's merits, but I'm not opposed to selling it to fund something different.

Between 12-35 & 35-100 most of my shots fall within the former. The reports I've read say that both of the constant app Panny zooms are tack sharp and well worth the price. My question to the forum is, how much better is the IQ over the 14-140 and has anyone shot these lenses with the G3?

Thanks

Canon PowerShot G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow