fakuryu
Contributing MemberPosts: 970Gear list
Like?
Re: Medium Format.
In reply to Russell Evans, 2 months ago

Russell Evans wrote:

fakuryu wrote:

Meuh wrote:

I worked out that the 55mm f2.8 on the 645z would be like a 28mm f1.4 on apcs, I have a 24mm f1.4 coming soon from samyang (that I won) but I don't think that on my k5 will give the same sort of look.

The 645D has a crop factor of .78x so the 55 f2.8 should be around 42mm f2.2? I'll try to post a shot I've taken with the 645D and the 55 f2.8 once I get home, it's not the best sample but something you might get some info on.

I see the 645z stated as being 1.7x larger than FF. Wouldn't the math be 55mm * 1/1.7 = 32.35mm for FF equivalence? That would then make 32.35mm * 1/1.5 = 21.56mm for APS-C equivalance? 1.7 * 1.5 is 2.55, so wouldn't that be 2 and a half stops in DOF, so f2.8 on MF would be f1.2 on APS-C or even a little larger?

Thank you
Russell

I don't know the exact math of it but I think the crop factor is just .78 (some sites say .82) because shooting the 55 f2.8 if it has the 32mm FF equivalency too wide (for the photo I took on a post below)? Hopefully some one more familiar with the 645D and the crop factor thing can clear this up.

-- hide signature --

There is no such thing a "Pro" level gear, just Pro level work.

fakuryu's gear list:fakuryu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Pentax K-r Pentax Q Pentax K-5 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow