Warning to EM-1 users :sunshine into EVF can create indeletable blotches, as confirmed by Olympus.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
babalu
Regular MemberPosts: 301
Like?
Warning to EM-1 users :sunshine into EVF can create indeletable blotches, as confirmed by Olympus.
5 months ago

As you have all probably already read in another thread in this forum, I have very recently received a confirmation from the techical support of Olympus in Europe that strong sunshine into the EVF of the E-M1 can cause indeletable blotches in the EVF display, in which case will then need the camera to be turned in to Olympus for repair. Their recommendation is to avoid direct sunshine into the EVF by "somehow" covering it. Since this issue seems to have affected several users, I thought it appropriate to issue a warning via this thread. I personally believe this to be a serious technical flaw that needs to be addressed by Olympus ASAP.

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
-New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow