Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,045Gear list
Like?
Amazon did me a solid on the SEL35F18
5 months ago

I was annoyed after ordering the SEL 35mm F1.8 OSS lens on Sunday to learn that, while the lens was shipping to me to arrive yesterday, the announcement that the price had been dropped $50 Tuesday morning.  I had just paid the $449 price, and before my lens even arrives, it's priced down to $398.

So I wrote Amazon to ask if they'd make the adjustment, because it seemed silly to go through the process of returning the lens that just arrived at 6pm yesterday, then re-purchasing the same lens at the lower price...

Fortunately they agreed, and they credited my account for the difference...no need to return opened-box products, no need to go through the repurchase...everyone's happy!

Won't really get to shoot the lens much until later in the week, or next week, but I just tested it a few times around the house and yard to make sure it was working correctly...so far, seems good...

F1.8, spot focusing on the yellow pollen on the stamen

F1.8, spot focus on the steering wheel

I also tried a few quick evening, dusk light tracking shots with AF-C, at F1.8, just to see if it indeed would track and focus both in low light and at wide apertures - and it did - in wide focus, the PDAF dancing dots appeared, and tracked, cars driving by my house approaching and passing, then departing, while firing.

Looking really forward to having a stabilized short prime for the e-mount on my next Disney trip - dark ride photography has been the realm of my DSLR, or my NEX-5N with manual lenses - it'll be nice to be lazy and be able to autofocus some of these rides now with the A6000!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow