Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,622Gear list
Like?
Re: Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000
In reply to audiobomber, 6 months ago

Hi Dan,

You've pretty much mirrored my thoughts.  I bought an XT1 as a light kit / second system for travel and hiking.  I bought the 18-55 kit zoom and their 14mm and I'm using legacy lenses for any other FLs.  That keeps it small and less expensive than duplicating or replacing my whole system.  I'm particularly still using my K5 for anything that requires telephoto lenses.

I don't now if it interests you or not but I've found the Kipon TS adapter fantastic for landscape and to offer moderate corrections for architecture.  They do one for Sony too (though not with Pentax lenses).  I bought old AIS Nikon 20, 24, 28, 50 and 85mm lenses and they can all become TS lenses.  Brilliant.   I simply can't get movements with my K5 at all and the DSLR alternative would have meant a huge outlay into Canon that I couldn't afford or justify.

Enjoy both.

Cheers, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Yep!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow