Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rick L
Contributing MemberPosts: 905
Like?
Odd Nikon Service Experience (but good)
4 months ago

So several weeks ago I discovered that my D600 wouldn't autofocus anymore.  Not sure how long this was an issue, as I almost never use autofocus.  Made sure all the switches were properly set, did a full reset to make sure it wasn't some setting, cleaned contacts, tried multiple lenses, etc., you get the idea.  Nada.

So took it to out local camera repair shop, owner (very competent) tries everything he can think of as well, still nada.  And it's out of warranty.  So he says, "You haven't had the shutter replaced, have you?"  No, I haven't, because I haven't had any oil/dust issues.  He says, let's send it in for the shutter, and ask them to check the autofocus while it's in, maybe they won't charge you (or maybe you'll get a D610, yeah, right).

Came back in a few weeks, and I go pick it up.  Everything is working great, no charge.  I take a look at the Nikon service report, it says they replaced the shutter mechanism, checked everything else out.  No indication of any repair for the autofocus, but it's working just fine now.

Go figure.  Anyway, happy experience with Nikon service.

-- hide signature --
Nikon D600 Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow