Are all NP-95 battery equal?

Started Jun 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,947Gear list
Like?
This is an old, recently resurrected thread ... :(
In reply to shonxiaohe, 1 month ago

shonxiaohe wrote:

Hi, I try to buy a spare NP-95 for my X100 and found this user comment at Amazon. I understand OEM is different from brand ones in quality etc, but would it even doesn't fit in the battery chamber? will do you X100 owners to buy the spare battery? thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-NP-95-Battery-Fuji-Digital/dp/B000GGCHUO

QUOTE"
DO NOT BUY FOR THE FUJI X100 !!!, May 20, 2011

i purchased this battery, thinking i was getting an oem fuji battery. The battery arrived on time, the battery, the box both say fuji, but this is not the same battery as comes with the camera. The oem battery coming with the camera has a hard shell, slides into the camera easy. this battery has a was paper type of cover, taped on the back. The batterY looks like it could fit, but is too wide. I could fit partly into the camera, but then rather than risk never getting it back out, i removed it...thats not the end, to get it out, i had to use tweezers, pull on the wax paper to pry it out, and it was not even fully in.

THIS IS NOT AN OEM REPLACEMENT FOR YOUR FUJI X100, DO NOT BUY...LIKELY A BLACK MARKET BATTERY.
"

-- hide signature --

oldcamel

There is nothing special about an OEM battery. They are not necessarily of any higher quality than the aftermarket batteries that are made by reputable companies. The battery described above sounds like one of the cheap knock-offs intended to net the company owners a quick profit. The advertising for these batteries are frequently deceptive, written with a deliberately amount of ambiguity that leads the Buyer into believing they are buying an OEM battery when that isn't the case.

I've come across several stories by Users who purchased batteries that were too tight to easily slip into the camera battery compartment. These should never be used.

I've been using a brand of battery called Wasabi for Canon and Fuji cameras for quite a few years. There is no distinguishable difference between the OEM's and the Wasabis, except the Wasabi batteries are clearly branded "Wasabi" for all the world to see.

B&H Photo has been selling a battery made by Watson, which is another aftermarket brand that has a good reputation amongst those who use this brand.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow