GH4 shutting out the automatic review in EVF....

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,024Gear list
Like?
GH4 shutting out the automatic review in EVF....
1 month ago

WIth the slow 100-300 mm and 45-200 mm lens I see short blackouts with the 100-300 and in both cases I can look at the pic I just shot for a short while while it writes to the buffer and then I can continue.

I browsed through the menu, but I did not find a way to get rid of this...Anyone knows how to fix this. I also noted in slow burst mode that an LV is added to the icon...And there is not option to chose for a low burst speed without it...Again: that is it?

Did soem birding at the seaside today with better light and the tracking went so so. Again so much better than any other m43s I used prior to this. No comparison. Yet the cam went in and out of focus and I think the CDAF is the culprit. When there is little contrast (a gull flying over a grey sea) it can go in and out of focus. With a blue sky behid it, this seems less the case.

Also did some sunset shots with simulataneously teh EPL5 and the GH4. It seems really visible that the GH4 has better dynamic range. The shadows were not nearly as dark while the sky was well exposed. But without a good RAW option 9Sily pix is not good....) I will wait before I can judge this.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow