ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
baratta930
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Dance Recital photos for C&C
2 months ago

Hi all,

I shot our local studio's annual recital where kids and adults who have been taking classes since the fall get to perform for their parents.  Last year I shot it with my D7000 & Sigma 50-150 F2.8.  This year I used my D610 (brand new, got it the night before!) + Sigma 70-200 F2.8 HSM (not the OS one).

It was tiring as there was 5 hours of performances split between the afternoon and evening.  A pro photog there had two 5Ds (mk II and mk III) with a 24-70 on one and 70-200 + 1.4x on the other.  He was bushed by the end of the night.  Super nice guy though, happy to share pointers with an amateur hack like myself

Please give me your thoughts and C&C on these samples ....

Thanks,

Berardino

Company performer during a musical theatre piece

Two company performers doing Puss and Boots (he's the only guy in company so he gets a lot of different parts :))

The lighting was all over the map but the D610 pulled some amazing shots off in near darkness compared to my D7000.  I'm very happy I bought it.

The lighting was messing up the skin tones so I tried it in B&W.  Thoughts?

A contemporary ballet piece (advanced teens and adults class)

Should I crop tighter?   Too bright?

Advanced Hip Hop class.  These teens were MOVING!!!

Modern piece. Crop tighter to remove the rear performer?

baratta930's gear list:baratta930's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D610 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow