ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
baratta930
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Another crack at Studio Photography
2 months ago

Hi All,

I got another chance to take pictures for a friend's nuno felted scarf business. I tried to incorporate everyone's suggestions from the last thread I started but it's a challenge in a small space (room is 12' x 18' with about 11' x 15' useable due to furniture).

Shot at F11, 1/125, ISO 400 using a D610 & Sigma 70-200 F2.8 HSM. Front strobes were Flashpoint FP320m into cheapie umbrella soft boxes and two Interfit ColorFlash 300i to blow out the white background. 3:1 lighting ratio.

There was bleeding from the background to the subject (probably 1/2-3/4 stop worth) as the silhouette wasn't that dark when the key/fill were off. I played around with the setup the night before but if I reduced the light to not get bleed then my background wasn't white anymore. I might try a 50mm next time and see if I can get her farther away.

Q: Should I use a kicker light on the black background lights?

Anywho, here's two shots for your C&C.

baratta930's gear list:baratta930's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +1 more
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Nikon D610 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow