Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
DAVID MANZE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,813Gear list
Like?
Re: Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...
In reply to awaldram, 6 months ago

awaldram wrote:

rwl408 wrote:

The lens is cheap so get your expectation right. Also knowing how to get the most out of a lens helps.

Spot on and the easiest way to ensure price is wide 'acceptable latitude' it the same with electronic components good costs.

The problem is user A gets a great copy of cheap consumer tat and instead of thinking wow how lucky am I it suddenly the 'diamond in the rough' and everyone thinks cheap crxppy lens will give them the same IQ and consistency as a high ticket prime.

Reality suddenly hits when they buy cheap tatty lens and find guess what........

It's a cheap tatty lens and the rants start

I have a 28-80 Pz probably the worst lens ever made yet my copy will put the 16-45 to shame being sharper higher resolution less ca and faster to focus so what does that make the 28-80pz

It still the worst lens ever made and for every one like mine there probably a 1000 that show its true pedigree.

-- hide signature --

Why  "cheap tatty lens"?   The idea of these lenses (DA 35 2.4/50 1.8)  is to bring affordable quality optics to those starting out on a budget, the construction is all plastic but the image quality is "not" compromised as both these lenses have shown.

All plastic construction would have been a more realistic description and less derogatory, these lenses have in well received by reviewers and users alike!

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow