Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
New FZ200 User
5 months ago

I should receive my new FZ200 this Friday so I'm preparing the ground. I'm not new to photography, having been avidly involved in camera clubs since the late 70's with a variety of slrs over the years. I've done a little research via the Search here on this forum and whereas the information is there, the consensus seemed to be missing so I'll raise these two points once again for anyone who cares to help me.

On the issue of camera settings, there seems to be the Graham Houghton settings versus those who have suggested we stick with the camera's default settings. For those who like to shoot JPEG (me), what would you suggest? I do as little post-processing as possible if that makes a difference.

The other issue concerns a protective filter (i.e. UV or Skylight). When I began shooting back in the 70's, it was a given that most would purchase one or the other to give protection from dust, bumps, scratches, sea-spray etc. But for the past decade or so I've been questioning the wisdom of adding these filters over the front of my lenses. My gut feeling tells me to purchase one and test it out since I can always remove it should I feel it diminishes the image. That being the case, is there any feedback you can give me on filter brands being purchased by members here and what your experience has been with such.

Thank you very much.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

JamesD2's gear list:JamesD2's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C663 Kodak DX7590 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon D90 +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow