Suggestions wanted: Auto Focusing Zoom with a good range and IQ.

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jojo81
Regular MemberPosts: 120Gear list
Like?
Suggestions wanted: Auto Focusing Zoom with a good range and IQ.
3 months ago

I own a K-30 and have the kit lens 18-55mm WR it works well and coupled with the legacy primes I have gives me a good choice of focal length to use.  I own 50mm f1.7, 135mm f2.8 and 200mm primes.

Unfortunately I have recently managed to put a good scratch on the 200mm and given the focusing ring has stared to slip that lens is basically unusable now.

So what I'd like are suggestions for a zoom lens to cover the 55mm+ range going up to at least 200, but if I can get more range without losing image quality say 250 or 300 then even better.

I know budget is everything, so say £100-£300 (I can be a little flexible but I'd want to know why it is worth paying the extra), I'd love to be able to drop a grand or more on something spectacular but I can't justify that at the moment.

Thanks for any help

Jojo

jojo81's gear list:jojo81's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow