Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William Porter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,670Gear list
Like?
charging battery while camping
Jun 3, 2014

I'm taking a trip this summer and will be camping for over a week. It just occurred to me that this will make it difficult for me to charge my E-M1's batteries. I have a car charger for my phone, and we're camping in national park camp grounds so our SUV will be parked near the tent. But what about the camera's batteries?

I have two batteries for the E-M1 now. I'll take my LX7 as well. I'm about to place an order for a third battery.

Is there are way to plug the camera's battery charger into the car's power source? The SUV has both a conventional cigarette-lighter power source and also a USB port. I've never done it, but I'm guessing I could plug the E-M1 into the USB port and charge the battery right in the camera. Is that right? Is there a better way to deal with this issue?

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +7 more
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow