Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bo Selegda
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
NEX continuous mode for sequences
4 months ago

I was on the verge of getting a Nex-5t, when I heard about the low buffer size. This unfortunately limits the burst capabilities of the camera. The Nex-5t takes 10 jpeg pictures in a row before frame rate slows down due to file transmission from buffer to memory card.

I like to create action sequences ( http://lmgtfy.com/?q=action+sequence+pictures ). Therefor you need a minimum of 2 seconds firing at minimum 5 frames per second. Which is a minimum of 10 pictures for a complete sequence. The Nex-5t theoretical can do 10 pictures. But from what I hear only within 1 second? This is too short for most action scenes.

Has anybody experience making sequences out of NEX material? I suppose there is no way to increase the buffer size? But is there any possibility to slow down the burst rate in continuous mode to 5 fps in order to get 2 seconds recording time? Is there even a setting in the camera menu?

Thanks for your help!

NEX5R NEX5R Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow