Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,968Gear list
Like?
Re: Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...
In reply to awaldram, 4 months ago

awaldram wrote:

rwl408 wrote:

The lens is cheap so get your expectation right. Also knowing how to get the most out of a lens helps.

Spot on and the easiest way to ensure price is wide 'acceptable latitude' it the same with electronic components good costs.

The problem is user A gets a great copy of cheap consumer tat and instead of thinking wow how lucky am I it suddenly the 'diamond in the rough' and everyone thinks cheap crxppy lens will give them the same IQ and consistency as a high ticket prime.

Reality suddenly hits when they buy cheap tatty lens and find guess what........

It's a cheap tatty lens and the rants start

I have a 28-80 Pz probably the worst lens ever made yet my copy will put the 16-45 to shame being sharper higher resolution less ca and faster to focus so what does that make the 28-80pz

It still the worst lens ever made and for every one like mine there probably a 1000 that show its true pedigree.

Is that the 28-80 powerzoom? I recently found mine tucked away somewhere. I put it near my other lenses, but I haven't tried using it yet. Back when I was shooting the PZ-1 in the mid-80s, for the last couple years I had only two primary lenses: the 28-80 powerzoom and the FA 2.8 135. I couldn't afford to buy any more at that time, either, as my business wasn't doing very well. But since that business was a weekly newspaper, I was using that 28-80 quite a bit, and it seemed to do OK for film.

As I've yet to use it for digital, I have no idea how it will translate for this.

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow