Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,445Gear list
Like?
Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
In reply to Mr Gadget, 6 months ago

Mr Gadget wrote:

Sammy Yousef wrote:

I blinked (took a break from following photo news) and Nikon decided to basically kill off NX2 and U-Point controls This editor is so crippled it's laughable. Why the hell would I want to use that. If there's anything advanced like turning off D-Lighting I bet that's gone too

I suppose this all has to do with the sale of Nik Software to Google....

Another reason NOT to upgrade from my D90. NOT HAPPY!

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Sorry Sammy,

This was announced last February, your blink might have been a short nap.

and yes, it all is based upon Google buying up Nik Software who was the developer of Capture NX2. Google no longer wished to support Nikon's raw developer. I suspect Google may have there own agenda here, maybe they are planning upon offering a Raw Developer option for their new driverless car? Seems like they have there hands on everything these days.

Google is another company that's lost the plot. It's just that they have so much money that no one will even notice they're insane for a while. Logical place to stick U-points is Picasa.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow