ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Picouso
Contributing MemberPosts: 583Gear list
Like?
Fuji x-E1. Still a good buy?
6 months ago

Hello!

I.ve been planning for a while to change my bridge camera and move to a larger sensor. I don´t think I´ll be too happy lugging around with a dslr and all those heavy lenses, especially after coming from an all-in-one camera. That´s why I am finding the Xfuji series really very appealing.

I´ve read in and out about the XE1, which I find a really bargain right now, and a steal if we coompared with the price it was tagged when first released.

The XE1 image quality, especially that of JPEGs is parallel or a tad better than that of the XE2 (more natural looking) - I am referring to other posts, since I haven´t had the chance of comparing the images myself), and the overall quality matches that of dslrs, which is nice for a compact body.

On the other hand, what really takes me aback is the issue of autofocus. Is it really that BAD? I mean, Would I buy it and regret not buying the XE2 for faster performance and autofocus. For those of you who have both and used them intensively. Is still a good choice or should I keep saving for the XE2?

Did that firmware upgrade make things really better? I am not planning to use if for sports, or action shots. I would use it for travelling, architecture, landscape and moving around town. But, of course, it that might be the case I don´t want to have a useless camera when shooting a moving object.

I´d really appreciate your comments!

Regards

Picouso's gear list:Picouso's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow